• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Front Bumper Covers

vettn71

As I posted earlier, I have an 84 notch roller. I'm not a real fan of the front bumper cover, as there are no provisions for fog lights (early 84??). What are my options to get fog lights for this car? I don't want to lose the 4-eye look, as it's pretty unique and I really like it.

Sorry for multiple posts. I'm trying to get to 10 so I can view pictures and for sale threads

Jim

Bill

Staff member
Donator
There are plenty of aftermarket options out there for fog lights. The 84 is the last of the Mustangs to have a grill until 2005, so that is also a bit unique. The 85/86 keeps the 4 Eyed look and the GTs had fog lights. If you have some body work skill, you can splice a bumper cover together at the waist strip. It really isn't all that hard, but takes some patience to put something like a Terminator lower half on your 84 nose. I did 97 GT lower half on an 85 several years ago. That let me use the 97 fog lights and chin spoiler with a bit of bracket work. There are some pictures of a couple of options like that on this site.

cpearson1342

I personally like the 82 GT bumper covers which would allow for fog lights also, but are a little rare. I think the fog light bracket bolts right onto the bottom of the radiator support for those too, but I'd have to check on ours

vettn71

I found a nice 86 GT front bumper cover and fog light support bar and went ahead and bought it. It will be $500 shipped, w hitch kills my budget. That's without the fog lights. I'd like to go with the Marchal's, but don't know if I can afford them. They seem very expensive. So, now I have an 84 LX front bumper cover that's in very nice shape for sale. If anyone's interested, please pm me. Not even certain what to ask for it

Jim

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The 85/86 is my favorite. I'll be doing the two-piece thing on current toy. Good buy.

vettn71

Thanks, Bill. I'm a bit away from putting Hingis together, but I'll post build pictures as I go

Regards
Jim

cpearson1342

If you want them to look sort of like marchals but you want them to actually work and not cost a forture, you can just get cheap fog/docking lights from walmart. I have them on mine and they are the same shape, but work.