• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

hydroboost question on install

benstein IBC

so my question is this i took off all the hydro boost components of a 96 cobra and was wondering if i needed to run the abs set up by the core support or can i eliminate it, also do i need to run a porportioning valve?

Speedtospare

I eliminated mine, I do run a proportioning valve but I'm not 100% its required or not. I have Cobra front and sn95 rear so I though it best to have one installed.

benstein IBC

now under the hydro boost how did you hook up the two brake lines coming down from it and the three coming from the car ?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
so my question is this i took off all the hydro boost components of a 96 cobra and was wondering if i needed to run the abs set up by the core support or can i eliminate it, also do i need to run a porportioning valve?
You will need to run the proportioning valve. If you don't, you will either tend to induce snap steer or brake bias steering. Neither is fun on the street or track.

cpearson1342

I don't have abs either, although it wouldn't be too hard to set up, would just need to run the lines for the two rear. As for the hydroboost, I used some adapters to go from m10 and m12 bubble flare that the hydro uses to double flare fittings and made the lines to go myself.

benstein IBC

I don't have abs either, although it wouldn't be too hard to set up, would just need to run the lines for the two rear. As for the hydroboost, I used some adapters to go from m10 and m12 bubble flare that the hydro uses to double flare fittings and made the lines to go myself.
Thank you