• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What hurdles will I run into?

Snaps

I'm toying with the idea of swapping a 2v into a Fox. Been searching the internet for any info trying to piece together what I might need but haven't found exact answers to some questions. Maybe you guys can help. I will be using a whole running/drivng 01 GT donor. From what I have read I should be able to swap K membrs, trans should bolt up, differential should swap over? (Want the 5 lug and discs) what about steering rack? Will I be using the GT's compressor or Fox's if I wanted A/C? Any tips or something I might be missing?

Xporter

I'm working on pretty much the same thing, I have an 04 GT donor. Here's some info I've gathered so far:

You can use the K member off the donor car(slight modification/trimming) or go aftermarket fox w/modular mounts.

Steering rack off the donor car but you'll need a hybrid shaft from MM

A/C from what I gather use all of the donor parts

I'll be posting more info once I'm done stripping the donor(hopefully in the next 2 weeks) and start bolting the stuff to the fox.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm toying with the idea of swapping a 2v into a Fox. Been searching the internet for any info trying to piece together what I might need but haven't found exact answers to some questions. Maybe you guys can help. I will be using a whole running/drivng 01 GT donor. From what I have read I should be able to swap K membrs, trans should bolt up, differential should swap over? (Want the 5 lug and discs) what about steering rack? Will I be using the GT's compressor or Fox's if I wanted A/C? Any tips or something I might be missing?
Welcome to the site. Your 01 GT will have virtually everything you need. There are a number of ways to do the A/C. You can use all one or all the other or a combination of the two. You'll find all three options shown in pictures in different builds on this site. Are you planning to do the dash/interior? If so, the 01 steering shaft will work. If not, you can either buy one as above, or there are several build threads that show how to make one.

Snaps

I planned on doing the interior swap as well. Found the GT for 1k and a few Fox shells for 1k or less. Hopefully trying to keep everything under 2500. Just sold my LS1 RX7 and itching for a new project.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I planned on doing the interior swap as well. Found the GT for 1k and a few Fox shells for 1k or less. Hopefully trying to keep everything under 2500. Just sold my LS1 RX7 and itching for a new project.
There are some tricks to making it go faster if you do the entire swap. Not everyone does it the same way, so look at all the different builds on here and take what you like. When starting from scratch, the easiest way I've seen to keep the drive line/wiring/ect. together is to take it and the front suspension off all as one unit. Anything you can leave hooked up that can be ziptied on top of the motor will make for one giant blob to lower the shell down on with a hoist. It helps to have several hands when doing it this way (I had four friends helping), but puts a ton of things into a factory perspective in the project. I use two low profile articulating transmission jacks (Harbor Freight) that I welded nuts on where the toggle handles were. That lets me use a ratchet to adjust the pitch. Before you stab the blob, there will be lots of little things you'll need to do. If the budget permits, I like to take the front windshield out (not necessary, but makes it easier). That makes putting the blob in easier. It also makes doing the dash much easier. Speaking of the dash, I like to fit the console first. That lets you use it as a reference point for trimming the dash. Like I said, there are lots of ways to do things. Figure out what will work for you and have fun with it.