• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Coyote swap...maybe

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
so my buddy has me almost convinced on doing a coyote swap to my 89 coupe. i wanted to build a 408 for it and keep it simple with a pushrod engine but i still miss the mod motors. i was planning on going with a 11-14 f150 engine since there still fairly cheap. m not to familiar with this swap like i was with the regular 32v swap. the biggest thing is the wiring. we got a 97 cobra that we will be parting out next year that has the hydro boost, PS pump, pedal assembly that i need to splice with fox pedal assembly and wat ever other small things to complete it. i know you can swap in gt INT cams and Boss EXH cams for a bit more grunt. swap in a gt oil pump or get a better one. also can use a Boss intake or even a cobrajet one. any pointers or help will be appreciated. pics also.

Attachments

• 20170719_135752.jpg
    20170719_135752.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 52

87_notchfox

Donator
thanks bro. the black one in the pic is the possible coyote swap car. I just need more info on the wiring so I can go forward and start to gather parts for the swap.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Ford makes a control pack to make the coyote a (almost) plug and play. I may go that route on my next one. I hate wiring and generally end up having someone else help me with it.

87_notchfox

Donator
I hate wiring. But yeah the control packs are just about plug and play. Just a few wires to tap into the stock harness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

87_notchfox

Donator
Parts lol
6db980b00d6ff11809f6b08e920fb40c.jpg
ac6d02b2904fcf9137e8aa43b5c08380.jpg

87_notchfox

Donator
Upr. I already had a upr for my regular pushrod that I was going to go with. That and I used a upr for my old modnotch I had