• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

03 sohc into 89 hatch mostly done

modulistic

I got motivated to finish this one u finally. Got new tires for it and finished light and wiring. Just need an alignment and some interior stuff. Shifter isn't lined up, headliner etc.

Ive been test driving it around and nothing fell off. It was making a bad clunk which was freaking me out but i just needed to finish bolting the abs sensors in all the way. Ha. Got new lenses all around. Pretty happy with it. Drives nothing like a stock fox at all! Not going to set any records but it is fun to drive. Not sure about the alignment because its using everything from the 03 - lca, k frame, struts wheels etc. Probably need camber plates? Hopefully it will line up. No rubbing or anything as it sits. 3 yrs with lots of breaks where i didnt want to mess with it. Abs, tcs, wipers, hatch, all lights work and no codes. This site helped so much. The whole reason i did this is because i wanted to put these badges on. I already got someone asking about if it was really a 4.6 haha. Pretty sure this is the only modfox in Alaska.
DNWZ6mR.jpg

RuhaXmh.jpg

8coas3P.jpg

MFUj2uC.jpg

YIGlYmh.jpg

pT7TFzO.jpg

Z2hr2uN.jpg

1FCNsDv.jpg

jcoAJlD.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
looks awesome. Have you decided what you are going to do with the door panels?

modulistic

Thanks. Just going to leave them until some day. What kind of options do i have?

Also, do you know if i can get an alignment as it sits or do i need c/c plates?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You can get pretty close to a stock alignment without CC plates, but I highly recommend them. There are several options for the door panels The easiest thing to do is to put in a remote or push-button inner latch. This works like shaved door handles without the body work. You can convert to the newer door panels. It isn't technically difficult, but is a bit of a pain the first time.

modulistic

Ah. I think i will just live with them as is for now. They match fairly good.

Which strut should i use? Fox or new edge?

Its currently built as everything under the new edge put under the fox. Control arms, spindles, struts everything.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I like to use the fox length struts. It depends on what springs you plan to run. If the stock curb height is what you plan to live with, you can use the New Edge struts. If you go with a lowering spring, the longer struts will bottom out too soon.