• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Okay, Forget the 83 Vert

vettn71

Just as I thought I had things settled out I ran across an 84 coupe roller. It is pretty fugly looking, but it's solid and the body is straight. The PO had done an8.8 5-lug conversion on it and stripped everything out of it. He said he was going to do a color change on it. I'll post up some pictures tomorrow. My wife thinks I'm insane. Maybe, just maybe

Jim

vettn71

Here are some photos of the 84. My wife's reaction was pretty good, also. I should have taken videos of that! But, it's a notch and they are getting hard to find in the DFW area.
20160824_193241.jpg

20160824_193303.jpg

20160824_193249.jpg

cpearson1342

Gorgeous, I don't personally like that nose (even though I own a notch just like this), but I think it looks great. If you think yours is ugly you should see mine, it's all vanilla

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Congrats on the find. If the ugly bothers you (or your wife) take it down to the local Macco for a machine sand and quality primer. They don't usually charge much and it changes the appearance of the project. My wife is like that, making $200 well spent.

vettn71

I was thinking of stripping it down, sanding it and having Maaco shoot it. I sure like the Calypso Green, though

Jim

JD08

It's amazing how the hatchbacks were hugely popular back in the day, but coupes stood the test of time.

vettn71

Holy cow-$h!t Batman!! I’m back with the84 shell, but this time its getting an 85 running gear and wiring from my 85 I had traded my son for. A really unhappy tale. My son had traded his 93 hatch for a this 85 ex-showcar. He decided he wanted to do a modFox using my 96 and an old SSP car (not much of the SSP left to it).

Right about then my 85 ex-showcar hung up its starter to the point it heated the car wiring to death. I attempted to fix the wiring, but over the years it looked like Mutt and Jeff had a field day (maybe several), wires were twisted together with no fasteners, wires just ended with no cap off, wires were jammed into the glovebox.

Since my son is using the 96 wiring harness, I’ll use his 84 wiring harness.

57CCBE1D-BDCE-4CD2-851F-77AC484F7B50.jpeg C8A66768-10AA-4785-ADF7-0F81188DA64F.jpeg

The really unfortunate thing is the car had frame rust to the point it had gotten dangerous. I had looked at the frame before the car was traded for, but someone had put sheet metal over it so it couldn’t be seen. So much for the showcar.

BF823541-5157-4DA8-A1DF-450FCAC2CADA.png

I still have the shell from it. I’m going to use what I can (not the wiring, of course) and get it going. The hood, front bumper, the way too big FI Tech fuel injection (on a stock block B-cam 302) and the hatch were sold. Hope to have my sons modFox running in a month or two

Jim

vettn71

1F0943B8-892D-4B69-A939-5BF0BEF6D9CE.jpeg It’s a shame, Bill. Someone put a lot of time and money into that car.

On another note, my sons modFox. Is getting there. We installed the dash yesterday. Looks good. Ready for this project to get finished
Jim

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I did one years ago with an engine out of an F350. The price was right, but by the time I got it all figured out, I loathed that project.

vettn71

Maybe I can get some direction here. Apparently Motorcraft no longer makes the HC5 heater core. The ones I have found are the cheap Chinese aluminum ones. Anyone know where I can get the real deal?

TIA

Jim