• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1994 Thunderbird with a 98 Cobra motor running rough

Rick Sadler

Hi guys. well I have a 1994 Thunderbird with a 98 Cobra motor. I did not do the swap,it was done at a Mustang shop in Miami about 8 or 9 years ago. The car was a 6 cylinder. They installed a used 1994 computer out of a V8 Thunderbird because in 94 V8 T-birds they used an OBD2. I had a bad misfire and it was the coils. I have since replaced the plugs, wires and coils and it ran good for a while. No it is running a little rough at idle and pops a little when cold going through the gears and jerks a lot. It gets better when it warms up but still seems to be lacking power. It's not throwing any codes at all. I checked the MAF with a meter and cleaned it and that looks ok. My next thought is maybe O2 sensors or a coolant sensor? Also they do not have any vacuum going to the egr valve. Any thoughts on this? thanks in advance. I am new to this. I found out about this site at ford carlisle.