• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

04 cobra into a 90gt....i have questions!!

ok so I have a 2004 whippled cobra donor car that I'm swapping into a 1990 gt foxbody.
so far what ive gathered is this:
1- i have a new team z swap k member with tubular control arms and strange coil-overs.
this will be a track only car so no a/c or heat will be needed. i will use the hydroboost setup, can i just swap over the 04 cobra brakes spindles and rotors right over???

2- I'm going to swap the 04 tank into the foxbody. i hear you need to adapt the filler neck and that's it, correct?

3-i planned on using the 04 steering column and gauge cluster but retain the stock foxbody dash. i think all i have to do is use the steering bearing from the 04??
4=WIRING?? i have the entire harness from o4, if I'm not using a/c or heat or radio what will i have to adapt for brake lights and head lights?? I'm assuming the bulbs,connectors are different.
5= I'm assuming i don't need to disable anything as far as the pats system goes due to the fact that I'm keeping the cluster,column, and computer married together.
6=i know i need to remove the sway bar brackets or re-locate, any other things i need to do?
7=brakes question again?? should i just swap all the 04 brakes over to the foxbody lines and all with the 04 a.b.s pump??? any advise or things i need to know would be appreciated.

Speedtospare

ok so I have a 2004 whippled cobra donor car that I'm swapping into a 1990 gt foxbody.
1- i have a new team z swap k member with tubular control arms and strange coil-overs.
this will be a track only car so no a/c or heat will be needed. i will use the hydroboost setup, can i just swap over the 04 cobra brakes spindles and rotors right over???

2- I'm going to swap the 04 tank into the foxbody. i hear you need to adapt the filler neck and that's it, correct?
Not Sure. I used the stock fox tank and converted my fuel system to return
3-i planned on using the 04 steering column and gauge cluster but retain the stock foxbody dash. i think all i have to do is use the steering bearing from the 04??
I kept the stock fox column and used a MM SN95 steering shaft.
4=WIRING?? i have the entire harness from o4, if I'm not using a/c or heat or radio what will i have to adapt for brake lights and head lights?? I'm assuming the bulbs,connectors are different.
Cut splice if your going to use the entire harness. You can just mod the engine harness to work and keep everything else stock.
5= I'm assuming i don't need to disable anything as far as the pats system goes due to the fact that I'm keeping the cluster,column, and computer married together.
Does the cobra have chip keys?
6=i know i need to remove the sway bar brackets or re-locate, any other things i need to do?
Only the drivers side has to be cut off. The alternator hits it. Also need a different Trans mount for a T-56. T-56 drivesfaft bolts up. Pedals/clutch have to be swapped with the hydroboost or modify and weld the ones you have. I'm sure I am forgetting things.
7=brakes question again?? should i just swap all the 04 brakes over to the foxbody lines and all with the 04 a.b.s pump??? any advise or things i need to know would be appreciated.
Sn95 spindals, rest is the cobra stuff. 04 spindals make the front wheel stick out too far. I cannot comment on the abs stuff. I did use it. I also used the fox stock lines for brakes.

Speedtospare

That I'm not too sure. I use my stock fox pedals. I cut the plunger off the Hydroboost and welded on the fox plunger piece for the pedals. I was orginaly concerned about the weld but its lasted 3 years so far with no issues. There some posts on the site somewhere about the pedals mods required.

cpearson1342

1- You can either use the hydroboost or manual brakes if you prefer, the vacuum brake boosters don't fit.
2-Yes, you will likely have to cut and weld the neck from the cobra, alternatively you can buy a glenn's tank for fox with the correct size
3- Unsure about just using the column, you would have to cut the firewall and ad the bearing though.
4- You won't have to adapt anything for brake/headlights if you are using the stock dash, the engine and body harnesses are different
5- As long as you have the sensor to read the key, and have the pcm and key that are matching you should have no problem
6-Definitely the driver's side sway bar bracket, and I would also suggest doing a wiring upgrade for the fuel pumps to 10 or 8 gauge, there are many threads about it for Cobras
7-Up to you if you want abs or not, you will need to run independent lines to the back though if you go with it. Very simple to do the swap, just go with the sn95 ball joints in the fox length a-arms. You may have a bit of trouble fitting the abs module in a fox, it's pretty tight in there after all is said and done.

cpearson1342

ok so ill swap pedals as well. are they direct bolt in? seems like I might have heard something about a spacer.
You can very easily swap just the sn95 brake pedal in, it just needs to be trimmed on one side to shift it farther to the left, and fit in the fox mount. Then the hydroboost plunger should slip over no problem with no other mods.