• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1968 Ford F100 Conversion

EMILYS68F100

Hi I,m Emilys dad Ed
Im in need of desperate help......I want to restore and upgrade this truck for Emilys 16th birthday in October...
Shes a great kid with an old soul......my thoughts are Crown Vic front end with a Mark VIII 4.6
has anyone accomplished this and if so can you give me any insight to this project?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Ed, welcome to the party. There are a couple of guys on here with build thread doing very similar projects. If you grab a Mark VIII donor car, you will save yourself a lot of money and head ache. Yes the Crown Vic front end goes nicely with the F100 and the Mark VIII engine and transmission. You can also get a kit to put that Mark VIII air ride IRS in the F100. I don't want to over simplify the sound of the project, because it is a lot of work, but it can definitely be done. You can use the engine and transmission wiring harness from the Mark VIII as well as the computer and a portion of the body harness (almost all of it you want). I think it is a great project and a very cool father that will put something together for/with his daughter. If you can find one, I recommend the 96 to 98 Mark VIII, but the 93 to 95 will work if that's what you can find.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
http://www.modularfoxmustangs.com/community/threads/68-f100.1394/
http://www.modularfoxmustangs.com/c...ular-conversion-and-full-restomod-build.1659/
There are several related threads to each of these, so search for posts by the thread owners or reach out to them for specific advice. And please, don't feel like your bothering any of us to ask questions. There is a ton of information on here about all kinds of different builds. Ask all the questions you like. Someone here will likely step up and give you some good answers.