• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2002 K member in Fox

89carb289

So I know the stock 2002 K member will fit in my fox with slight modifications. Will I be able to modify a tubular K member for a 2002 to make it work? I picked one up brand new for cheap. I already have stock fox length tubular a-arms that bolt to it.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You tubular K-member probably won't have to be modified to fit the fox. It has been my experience that most brands leave you enough room to bolt them right up. What brand did you get?

89carb289

It's a UPR Chromoly. Got if off another guy who sold his stang and never got to swap it in. Still brand new in the box. I did notice the holes are already elongated so I'm hoping it fits without too much trouble. It just scares me that they offer another K member that is specific to a Fox/Modular swap.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The ones designed for the swap have a slight forward offset on the motor mounts. Yours will be fine. Push it all the way forward when you do your install. You'll still want to square it up, but it will work fine.

89carb289

Thanks for the input. Takes some stress off my mind. I was reading up and someone did the same thing and said the motor just sat a little closer to the firewall but still fit. As for tranny crossmember I'll probably go with a stifflers as they work in the stock mounting location.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The K for my current project is an older D&D. It was a breeze to put in (and out and in and out). The Stifflers stuff is awesome. Brian is a very knowledgeable engineer and builds some of the best stuff on the market. If you need chassis stiffening, that is the way to go.

Speedtospare

Any 4.6 K-member from a GT or cobra will work. You will have to elongate 2 bolts holes in the rear and trim about 1/2" of steel. I used a 03 Cobra k-member and team Z fox length Tube a-arms for 4V setup

bruce L

How do I know if the previous owner who did my 3v swap changed the k member I am new to this 86 fox body and I have no stock car to look at is there measurements from the firewall to know if I ammoved forward or not thanks

myers407

Staff member
unless they moved the mounts on the K frame it has been changed. Look at the back two bolt holes and see if they have been cut out on a stock stile frame this is the common method of making it work.