• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2003 GT gt500 swap

Isaiah Sandford

So here's the deal. I got a crazy good deal on a gt500 engine and trans from a 2011. Manual with 20,000 on it. Unfortunately just got engine and trans no wiring harness or Ecu. Have alternator and all the accessories as well as headers but that's about it. Swapping into a 2003 GT. Still has the 4.6 I'll be tossing out soon and manual trans. I had this car sold it and now am in the process of getting it back as I never should of got rid of it. This is going to take months I'll start a build thread shortly but I have no clue where to start on a tubular K member and what not. So all help would be appreciated on what K member I want and front suspension setup to support the drive train. Thanks guys any and all advice would be great!!!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Isaiah, welcome to the party. AJE, one of the site sponsors, makes a good tubular K-member. Maximum Motorsports also makes a nice setup. The AJE unit will allow you to run front springs/struts in a factory style configuration. The MM and most other tube setups require coilovers. It mostly depends on your budget and what you want the car to do when you're done.