• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2008 ROUSH engine swap

fede 5.0 vert

I think this is probably not the easiest swap due to the drive by wire deal but that´s the engine that I´ll have to work with. I´ve read that Ford Racing sales the wiring neccesary to adapt that motor to the fox so that´s one idea to tackel down the wiring even thoug I´d like to know if anyone here has done his own wiring. Another thing is that that I´m getting the engine without it´s wire loom so I´ll be searching for that too.
I´d like to know what shortys are beeing used with this swap or the kind of mods needed to fit the headers.
Things that I have read are:
- Brake booster needs to be gone
- Ford Racing 3V Controls Pack would be the easiest and most complete choice but only works with 2007-2008 engine wiring loom. ???
- Best choice for the front is a K member...

All the info on this swap will be gladly accepted.
Thanks guys!

PS. this is grate info ( http://modularfoxmustangs.com/community/threads/mod-swap.164/ )

Memphis Modular

They make an adapter to run 2v long tubes on a 3v. Solves that problem.

I'd find a 5.4 3v truck. Take that pcm and harness. Will be cheaper than a mustangs because it doesn't say mustang. Tune the pats out of the ecm and wire it in. Then you'll need it retuned obviously

K members I'm a fan of team z because they give back to racers. Most will say upr. Your choice