• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4.6 3v Project

fede 5.0 vert

Hi everyone. I´m the owner of a 1990 GT vert with original 32.000 miles on it, red on white interior and white top. It was a barn rescue, almost properly stored so no rust to deal with but yes some mildew on the top. Originally auto, I went for a T5 swap on it.
In a couple of months I´ll be swapping the engine on my friend´s 2008 ROUSH. He´s going with a JDM 5.0 stroker with TVS and a 6 speed so I´m keeping his drivetrain to swap it in the vert. His engine is putting out 550hp rigth now so a lot of work to the fox frame will be done for sure to hold that amount of power,
I have been gathering info about the swap on the web ( that´s how I found this forum) so I got an idea of whats involved. I´ll be opening a post hopefully in the rigth place to ask address the doubts that I have and will have too.
Cheers!

PS. Talking about swaps, the 5.0 HO engine out of my GT will be swaped into my Datsun 240Z to keep the V8 spirit up ;)!

Last edited:

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Hi everyone. I´m the owner of a 1990 GT vert with original 32.000 miles on it, red on white interior and white top. It was a barn rescue, almost properly stored so no rust to deal with but yes some mildew on the top. Originally auto, I went for a T5 swap on it.
In a couple of months I´ll be swapping the engine on my friend´s 2008 ROUSH. He´s going with a JDM 5.0 stroker with TVS and a 6 speed so I´m keeping his drivetrain to swap it in the vert. His engine is putting out 550hp rigth now so a lot of work to the fox frame will be done for sure to hold that amount of power,
I have been gathering info about the swap on the web ( that´s how I found this forum) so I got an idea of whats involved. I´ll be opening a post hopefully in the rigth place to ask address the doubts that I have and will have too.
Cheers!

PS. Talking about swaps, the 5.0 HO engine out of my GT will be swaped into my Datsun 240Z to keep the V8 spirit up ;)!
make sure to post that Datsun swap on http://www.modularfoxmustangs.com/community/forums/all-other-conversions.13/