• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4.6 from crown vic/grand marquis

240zedhead

Hello new guy from Al. I was looking through the website and noticed in the donor car section that the sohc 4.6 from the crown vic/ grand marquis is not listed. I understand this is more for foxbody mustangs but my 84 Mercury Marquis Brougham v6 carb is still a foxbody (4 door mustang) and since I have a 1993 crown vic 4.6 donor i'm confused as far as the wiring set up on one of those. This 4.6 swap is by no means a performance hot rod build just doing it for a more reliable smooth daily driver. Why no 4.6 panther love?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The 4.6 in that 93 will bolt in the same as those from any of the builds on here. As you know, they are not a performance engine. Ford changed a lot during those first few years. The good news is, if you use what you have, you can always upgrade components later. I'm not really a wiring guy, but you can use the complete engine/transmission management wiring and computer. you would need to chase down the signals to run gauges, ignition switch, etc., but if you are comfortable with the swap, I say go for it. You won't be able to use the Crown Vic front end, but you could use a Mustang k-member, either 96-04 stock or an aftermarket unit. There are some chassis upgrade that will also give you a much better ride. Check in with Brian Figg at Stifflers. He is very knowledgeable and makes the best chassis stiffening products on the market. Unfortunately, your panther chassis is not going to have a lot of crossover parts, but don't let that stop you.