• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4.6 sohc swap 93lx

4.6 sohc 2v into a 93 lx

• Worth it

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Not Worth it

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

93lxmod

93lx sohc boost build?
I'm sure i'll be using the website a whole ton during this restoration, but can anybody give me and idea on

1. What aftermarket radiator works with the 4.6 2v and fits on a 93lx? & mounting it?
  2. If I use the stock gas tank, I can just put my fuel pump into it, from my 98?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm sure i'll be using the website a whole ton during this restoration, but can anybody give me and idea on

1. What aftermarket radiator works with the 4.6 2v and fits on a 93lx? & mounting it?
  2. If I use the stock gas tank, I can just put my fuel pump into it, from my 98?
1. Most Fox radiators can be adapted. I have always used an SN-95 radiator and mounts. If you have a 98 parts car, it will have the mounts.
2. Use an SN-95 fuel tank unless you are running the fox style fuel system.

Most of these choices depend on what you plan to do with the car and what your skill level is. I do think it is a good swap.

whiteponygt

The mod motors look neat in these foxes but for the money that a mark 8 motor cost why not go with the 4v if you have a donor car that is a gt pretty much all the parts are interchangeable, I used a mark 8 motor with a 97 GT engine harness, fuel liness, hydro boost, and k member to do my swap the only thing I've had to buy was I opted for the cobra intake and headers, and had to delete my IMRCs,

93lxmod

93lx sohc boost build?
Thanks for your guys input! I tried to call some local yards for DOHC motors but none of them have any. Plus I wanted to be a little different with a 2v sohc build.

I'm almost 100% sure the car has an AJE Tubular Front K-Member. Any pros and cons? I don't know what kind of A-arms... Any help?
Here is a picture of the bay.
IMG_0087.jpg IMG_0089.jpg

The mounts and radiator from my 98 were destroyed in the accident unfortunately, that is why I'm asking about mounting of radiator. But I plan on going a sn95 radiator and sn95 fuel tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

whiteponygt

The radiator mounts are pretty much just a bent piece of metal you could probably make your own radiator mounts if yours are destroyed.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm almost 100% sure the car has an AJE Tubular Front K-Member. Any pros and cons? I don't know what kind of A-arms... Any help?
Here is a picture of the bay.

The mounts and radiator from my 98 were destroyed in the accident unfortunately, that is why I'm asking about mounting of radiator. But I plan on going a sn95 radiator and sn95 fuel tank.
Radiator mounts are cheap on ebay. Mine were destroyed as well. As for the AJE K member, it is an excellent choice and will make bolting in the 2V assembly much easier. Are the A-arms on your donor destroyed? If not, they would be a good place to start. If you are wanting to buy a-arms, and you have the AJE kmember, I recommend you consider the AJE control arms as well. They have tubular control arms that allow you to run OEM style springs. What will reality for the car look like? Will it be primarily a street car? How much track time will it see, and what kind?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The pictures wouldn't load yesterday when I wrote the response above. You may have a motor mount issues with the kmember that is already in the Fox, as it will be set up for a Windsor pushrod motor. Check with AJE to see what the difference is and what it would take to adjust what you already have.

93lxmod

93lx sohc boost build?
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while.... I've had a lot of hours at work, but this means more money for the build!
I still believe it is an AJE K Member and they sell the motor mounts for it to bolt my 4.6 2v right up for 69.99 on jegs. Which isn't a bad price.
Finally got all the windows in the fox also!

Build Plans:
my 98 4.6 2v, ARP Head Bolts, Ported & Polished Reworked nPI heads,Stage 1 Voodoo Cams, Custom Turbo Kit (75mm borg warner)
then after the motor dies, I plan on ordering a fully forged brand new Romeo Short Block for about $3,300?
anybody have a better route they would like to suggest? Trying to achieve 600whp in this car. It will see the track, and it isn't going to be a daily driver, but I would like it to be streetable.

93lxmod

93lx sohc boost build?
Bill you have a great eye seeing that the mounts on it are ready for a windsor ! That is what the previous owner told me it was set up for. Kudos!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I used to own Atlantic Coast Mustang...Steeda, Kenny Brown, Maximum Motorsports, Mac, JBA, etc. etc. I've been in on a lot of Mustang builds. I sold out in 2010. Now I just do Mustangs for fun. IMO, it is easier to sell or trade the k-member than to modify it. You can't just MIG the bars. The alloy is wrong on most of them. And, getting the motor alignment just right is a really good trick.