• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5.4 engine help

Svt Fox

Staff member
For more power/airflow. Building a turbo car. Want 7-800 hp.

Hahaha my apologies... I was a little dyslexic when I read your post. I thought it said dohc-sohc.

Yes, why not just but a navigator engine and save yourself the trouble and money? Strap a single 70mm to it run 15-20lbs and call it a day!

Brad

They are pretty rare around here and I can get a 5.4 sohc for 200$ at my local yard. Just trying to fig out my options. Thanks

Speedtospare

The 4V 5.3 dont have much of am advantage over the 4.6 in HP but they make 30 more torque to the wheels. Would be cool if you could find a smashed up 05 shelby

Svt Fox

Staff member
The 4V 5.4 doesn't have much of an advantage over the 4.6 in HP but, they make 30 more ft. lb. of torque to the wheels.

I completely disagree with this. The 5.4 definitely has an advantage over the 4.6. It is definitely worth pursuing.

I bought this for my future 5.4 build.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354833726.253493.jpg

Speedtospare

I completely disagree with this. The 5.4 definitely has an advantage over the 4.6. It is definitely worth pursuing.

I bought this for my future 5.4 build.

View attachment 933

LOL that intake is for the new 2012+ 5.0L 4V motor. Its a factory piece off the boss 302. It will fit th 2012+ 5.0 GT engine. It wont fit a 5.4 as its a completely different motor. The new Shelby motor is a older 5.4 4V with a larger bore to bring it up to 5.8L

Svt Fox

Staff member
LOL that intake is for the new 2012+ 5.0L 4V motor. Its a factory piece off the boss 302. It will fit th 2012+ 5.0 GT engine. It wont fit a 5.4 as its a completely different motor. The new Shelby motor is a older 5.4 4V with a larger bore to bring it up to 5.8L

Actually it's a very close fit as a bolt on. The 5.4 and 5.0 Coyote are very close dimensionally. Someone has a already completed the swap with success. That is where I got the idea from.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355431101.371887.jpg

Speedtospare

Very cool if it works out well. I still say a shelby blower make a better intake (lol) Bur seriously that was a good read at the corral.

Speedtospare

I like the roots style blowers, but I love turbos more! ;)

Agreed. My last mustang had a 306 single turbo setup and it made good power (621 ft/lbs) but tuning was a bitch. Car had Gen 7 DFI. It was going to be 7000 for a turbo setup for this car or 2400 for the eaton swap complete. This car is just a fun street car, no cage, good mileage, 91 octane pump gas.