• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

68 F100

SATURN5

Yup. Drive it daily. I've built a bunch of bracing for it too. Front braces, subframe, lower IRS, upper shock tower.

86GT2go

Just got mine legal last Thursday and have been driving it since. Like it so far, but it needs something in the 'get-up-and-go' department. Once it is rolling it moves out pretty well, but that first initial roll is sluggish. Been looking at a Baumann shift kit and the 1-2/2-3 accumulator mods for it, along with a 3.73 trac-lock gear I have in storage. Those two mods should wake her up down low. (Mine is a base versus LSC)

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
The 32 valve motors are sluggish off the line, that's were the IMRC plates come into play, a lower gear change will help more than anything, I had planned on running 3.73's but have read and heard that 4.10 are the better but im not gonna daily drive mine. So I would consider looking at 3.90 for a DD with a auto.

86GT2go

I have both 3.73 and 4.10s in the garage. The 3.73s are already on a trac-lock carrier, so those got the call.

86GT2go

How are the 4.10s as far as mileage? That is a reason I was looking at the 3.73s (even though the difference between 3.73s and 4.10s wouldn't be that great of a difference)?

john mac

volvo headed 2.3 huh? we just bought a modified b234f for a svo project we have. one of three svo's! ha