• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

89 Fuel tank will it work?

8t9notch

I am wanting to keep my stock tank just wanting to know if i will be able to use it with the motor that i have. I think that my mustang has a return fuel line but not too sure. The motor that im using is a 94 4v mod. I know it does have return on it. Or do i have to use a return?

FuturaGuy

Staff member
If you have 3 lines going from the tank to the engine, then you've got a return line. The supply line is 5/16" O.D., and the return and vent lines are 1/4".

You didn't say how much of your '89 wiring you're going to use, but the fuel pump relay setup is different with a Mod Motor. Your '89 has the pump relay out back near the trunk, and the Mod Motor cars have it behind the kick panel on the passenger side. If you keep most of the '89 wiring and just connect the engine as required, the existing relay will work O.K.

8t9notch

Im not too good when it comes to wiring so im gonna have someone wire it for me for 600.00. I only have two lines going to the fuel rail. Not three just two, but thanks for the input. The non-return will work to get it running.

el_87fox_negro

Donator
I'm knew to this... Question does the foxbody fuel pump work with the mod engine? Or how much p.s.I. does the mod motor need to work?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I think the answer to that will depend on how much hp you engine will make. The Fox pump will support about 350 HP just fine. If you go above that, I recommend upgrading the pump. PSI is not the problem. Volume is the problem. Are you running a return type system or returnless? The Fox used a return style system, which can be adapted to service virtually any of these motors.

el_87fox_negro

Donator
I just got a mark viii engine that I'm building... I been told they have 280 or 290hp and I have a return line. So the p.s.I. from the fox should help up fine then.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I agree that if you using the Mark VIII engine and looking for that HP, you'll be fine.