• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

93 Coupe, Mach 1, Votrech JT, QA1Coilovers, M2300, Modfox

Speedtospare

Greetings from Toronto Canada. This is a complete street car design to drive as good as stock and see some fun days at the drag strip. The car is not quite complete but it will be running soon. I have been working on it for a little over a year. The Mach motor and T56 should have been in by now but I came across a 04 cobra motor with 500 kms. I'm trying to get the funds to purchase it (sell mach, install cobra). This will allow the blower to actually work in its efficiency range. Current setup should be around 450 WHP and it will be pullied to 600 WHP if I get the cobra bottom end. Will be complete in March.

Heres the parts list

1993 LX Coupe Black on Black
2004 Mach 1 motor, 96 Cobra cams,
Mach 1 computer and wiring harness
Return style fuel system, Aeromotive 340 LPH Pump, Regulator, Fuel Rails, 39lb/hr injectors.
Stock Manifolds, Bassani X pipe with cats, Flowmaster mufflers and tails.
T-56,Triax shifter, Centerforce DFX clutch
Vortech JT pullied for 10.5 PSI (need a bottom end)
Adjustable QA1 Coilovers, 12" 175 lb front, 150 lb rear set up for street/drag
Team-Z Modular Swap k-member
URP Moly Rear Control arms.
SN95 Rear and brakes (fits 15" rims for the track)
M2300 Cobra Front Brakes

17X8 Rims that will be swapped Billet Specialties Street lites, I have 17X9.25 Rears, need fronts.

Here's a few sneak peaks, but you will have to wait a little for more.

Finishing up the suspension and brakes (adjusted really low and no e-brake cable)
392637_10150584155105470_547080469_11275746_627663335_n.jpg

385946_10150451314720470_547080469_10749001_154069250_n.jpg

303982_10150451316275470_547080469_10749017_970097226_n.jpg

Cool car has to have cool plates, and I'm a little vain :)
409352_10150580989630470_547080469_11262881_288981122_n.jpg

Motor When I got it (aviator motor convert to Mach 1)
395144_10150588760360470_547080469_11289879_156107194_n.jpg

Cam Install
380845_10150588760475470_547080469_11289881_240794348_n.jpg

Speedtospare

OK its been a while but update time!

Suspension and brakes:

Cobra brakes, QA1 front, UPR rear coilovers installed with 175 lb front, 150 lb rear. Cobra brakes, all new lines, Hurst line lock bled and ready to go. I ended up using a 2004 steering rack with the steering rod from Maximum motor for an SN95. Bolted together but I had to shorten the outer tie rods to bring the tires inline.I also used the Hydraboost from s 2004 Mach 1. Everyone else use a pre 98 version. This was a PITA to get to work using stock pedals.

Transmission:

Centerforce DFX clutch, Steeda Tr-axe shifter. I replaced the reverse lockout with a custom softer spring. I feel this is a better option the the brake relay way of doing things, works perfect. The stock cobra aluminum drive shaft bolts into place with no cutting.

Fuel system.

Aermotive 340 intake is installed into stock lines to the front of the car. Adapters to braided lines go into the Aeromotive return style regulator. Fuel rails are installed with 39 lb injectors. I am not running the Mach 1 pressure sensor on the rail.

Motor:

Mach 1 motor is in its new home and staying there. Its a tight fit with the hydroboost and line lock but its in!

Wiring Harness:

I'm not usnig the Mach 1 harness. The time involved is just not worth it. I just ordered a engine harness for $750.00 with all factory harnesses, relays, and connectors to hook everything up. There will only be 4 wires to hook up.

Misc:

Getting the speedometer to work off of a VSS signal from the tranny became a problem. I used a Cable-x to conver the signal. Use Tachman from ebay and saved me some cash compared to ordering off the website.

Thats all for now. The Vortech, wiring harness, and gauges are left to complete. I expect to have it done by May.

heres come pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Speedtospare

Argh. I hate waiting for my wiring harness to get here. I decided not to use the stock Mach 1 harness as posted above. I ordered the RJM Tech harness which costs about $750.00. Now some of you see this as expensive, I see it as a savings. There probably 40 hours to pull apart the the harness, remove the thing not need it and re assemble it. I decided to work OT this week and made an extra $1152. See, I saved money lol.

The RJM harness was ordered for the SYM2 Mach 1 computer. I changed the MAF connector to the new 04+ shelby style because I am using a SCT BA5000 MAF. The only think I wish they included is the 2nd set of 02 Sensors. The kit only includes 2 pre-cat 02's. Emissions are strict here in Ontario. Total time quoted to make and ship the harness is 2-3 weeks.

I will provide a review of the cable once its received and installed in the car.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Argh. I hate waiting for my wiring harness to get here. I decided not to use the stock Mach 1 harness as posted above. I ordered the RJM Tech harness which costs about $750.00. Now some of you see this as expensive, I see it as a savings. There probably 40 hours to pull apart the the harness, remove the thing not need it and re assemble it. I decided to work OT this week and made an extra $1152. See, I saved money lol.

The RJM harness was ordered for the SYM2 Mach 1 computer. I changed the MAF connector to the new 04+ shelby style because I am using a SCT BA5000 MAF. The only think I wish they included is the 2nd set of 02 Sensors. The kit only includes 2 pre-cat 02's. Emissions are strict here in Ontario. Total time quoted to make and ship the harness is 2-3 weeks.

I will provide a review of the cable once its received and installed in the car.
I don't see it as an expense.. We did the same thing except with The Detail Zone harness.. Instruction were straight forward and car started right up no issues..

Speedtospare

I don't see it as an expense.. We did the same thing except with The Detail Zone harness.. Instruction were straight forward and car started right up no issues..

I'm assuming you still had to disable PATS? My friend who has the cleanest sickest modfox out there used the detail zone harness.

Well I'm kinda bummed today. Looks like the car will be finished very soon but there were issues. We were fitting up the exhaust today which all went well. it looks like i'm going to need about 1500 more in additional parts to get the race blower kit working. This Votech Kit fits terrible and every has problems with the tensioner, pullies hitting each other. Had to grind the vortech bracket to clear the stock tensioner. The fix is to order a 585.00 tension and another 300 in pullies, shipping bolts, etc etc. Also had a problem with the K-Memeber cause the motor to tip dramatically and hot the trans tunnel. I'm being sent a new one but the stock K-member was installed for now. Aeromotive 320 LPH pump installed, 4.10's and rear end rebuild kit installed,

I decide just to run NA for the summer. 1.5 year of project and I need to drive it. Running out of money lol.

Posted pics of the tranny and BBK 2.5 X-pipe. Bassani catted H hit the trans tunnel where the cats are located. Replaced it with BBK and bullet cats. Pics of the Team-Z control arms (they fit the stock k-member Yeah!)

Coming up this weekend! Rad and Cooling system installed with a fox based Mishimoto Rad andCobra fan. (****note don't use the mishimoto fan shroud on anything over a mild NA car.***) Secondly will be the fuel rails will be hooked up the the regulator and lines. Pulling the intake to reinstall the knock sensors. Tunes w3ants them installed.

Still waiting on the RJM harness......

Speedtospare

Picture of the T-56, BBK 2.5" X-pipe, Clutch is a Centerforce DFX.
attachment.php

Had issues with the Team-Z k-member putting the engine on a funny angle so I temporarily installed an 03 Cobra unit until the replacement shows up.

attachment.php

Another problem. We encountered clearence problems on the 14" QA1 and the stock K-member. The drag struts come scarily close to the spring perch when the car is under a hard corner. Keep in mind the car has 8" wide front rims and not skinnies. A little bit of tweaking with the BFH fixed the problem.

attachment.php

Speedtospare

Rad installed and all the coolant tubing is currently being hacked up to fit. Pissed off at RJM harness for telling me my wiring harness will be three week. Called them today which is 3 weeks later and it going to be another 3 weeks. Not a happy customer. Fully paid $850.00 order and they couldn't even return and email or a phone call. Can't say I recommend based on customer service thus far.

Sorry for the cell phone pics, but it will have to do.

Rad is a Mishimoto. Great rad for the price but don't use there fan shroud (it can't cool shit, but it looks cool)

attachment.php

Fan is from an 04-04 Mach 1 / Cobra / GT . Thing could blow the paint of my valve covers hehe. Perfect for keeping the temps under control.

attachment.php

Speedtospare

Friend of mines putting in the 4.10's and rebuilding the entire rear end as we speak. New bearings, clutches, gears etc. Friend of mine made some changes to the coolant cross over and figured out where to put the thermostat. I will post pictures when it complete.

Weekend plans include the fuel system.