• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

98 GT SOHC upgrades for my fox swap

91Modstang

Ok so I have a 91 lx hatch back that I'm currently swapping a 98 GT 4.6 into, the motor is bone stock with 103,xxx miles on it, I plan on replacing the intake manifold so I don't have to deal with any cracking later. However, advice.... I have pypes shorties and a pypes catted x pipe along with a cold air and a direct fit zex dry kit (will probably just do 50 shot) my question is I have an opportunity to buy a bbk 78mm throttle body and i don't know if that will be to big?? I plan on upgrading the fuel pump, mass air and injectors. Just slightly bigger for the nitrous. So other than maybe a mild tune am I missing anything?? And any replies on the throttle body would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Wreckedj30

easiest horsepower improvement to the 98 2v would be to swap pi heads, that alone would be 30+ horse..plus you get a better intake and more compression out of the stock motor and also more aftermarket choices on cams/intake manifolds, the bigger throttle body( its not to big) will help but no where near the head upgrade. Just my 2cents.