• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

99 gt gas tank

will it fit in my fox

• Total voters

Bryan454

Just wondering if anyone has swaped tanks out into the fox body. Im trying to use everthing (wirring) from the 99 gt. I only took me 2 days to strip everthing out of the gt. When I start to convert I will take pics as i go.

d90212

I guess that depends on what your goals are for the car...are you keeping the gas emissions on? Also need to know if you will be running a returnless fuel system or not

I'm assuming you'll be trying to use everything on the gt..the. gt tank should work...gonna have to swap all the evap fuel system as well..don't forget the fuel pump driver module

Bryan454

Yes everthing i was going to try to use. i took out the entire system plus the driver. Its not really that much wirring just getting it in the other car is going to be the job.

d90212

You shouldn't have a problem....when you do swap the tank...be sure to purchase the grommet on the tank that the filler neck tube slides through....over time it does rip and causes evap codes...cheap insurance to replace the grommet for a few dollars than to go through the whole process of dropping the tank because that grommet started leaking

Bryan454

Thanks for the advice.i finally got my 92 up on the lift and everthing looks like it will fit. I even took out the fuel lines and the return line. Looks like with some new holding clips it will work.

SVTCAPRI

[quote author=Bryan454 link=topic=349.msg725#msg725 date=1252726040]
Yes everthing i was going to try to use. i took out the entire system plus the driver. Its not really that much wirring just getting it in the other car is going to be the job.
[/quote]
Ive been told up to 04 tanks fit in these just depends what your running 2v,3v,4v, return or returnless. I'm buying an 04 cobra tank and pumps soon I'll let everyone now how it goes!