• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Any DOHC Megasquirt cars out there?

93_4V_FOX

I'm starting up my build with a 93 mark 8 engine and I'm thinking about using Megasquirt instead of the eecIV. Has anyone on here had any luck with either ms2 or ms3?

C.wyant

I was originally gonna go with megasquirt and an optishift for trans control but I decided that cost was gonna be too much so decided to go eecv and try to wire it myself since I'm doing things a lil different then everyone else....there is msxtra.com and the corral that has an megasquirt subforum....I've also found some good info on theturboforums about it....try those sights I'm pretty sure you will get the answers there

takdashark

Donator
I know this thread is old, but I'm sure someone else out there will come across it. I originally had a MegaSquirt that my buddy had laying around. The problem I had, especially not attempting to tune it my self, was trying to find a tuner familiar with it. The more I thought about it, there really weren't any advantages for me, so I ripped it out and put in a Termi Ecu and brought it to the tuner. Left an hour later making 498hp and 550 ft/lbs and perfect street manners.

Just my .02 cents

azsnake

You could try a look at the microsquirt by megasquirt. It's less expensive,and the harness is also pretty reasonable. The engine management unit with the harness is less than 400 bucks. The Trans unit with harness is a it more at 500.00