• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Buying a wrecked cobra

Bignate76

Where should I start looking for the salvage cobra 1996-2004 , websites, salvage yards ....any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I found the last ones I've bought on Craig's list. Figure out how far you are willing to drive to get it and watch all of those lists. How much are you willing to spend?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
My current parts car is a wrecked 99 I paid $2700 for when I still owned ACMustang. I see them not wrecked under $6k all the time. What part of the country do you live in?

whiteponygt

Craig's list is the best place to find 96-98 cobras svtperformance is the best to find terminators.I had to go 8 hrs round trip to get mine, nothing personal to anyone but north Carolina is the best place to find them,they r rough on them for some reason.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The one that is knocking has a lot of upgrades. That might be worth the cost of a rebuild just to get all the upgrades.

Bignate76

Thanks Bill for all your time for research I have been busy at work today and will be again tomorrow.....but when I get home I'll be checking all of Craigslist or one of these your posted might be the ticket. Thanks again

I bought my motor, trans and most parts from Rob @ The Parts Farm located in Lyons GA, great guy to work with buys a ton of Cobras and parts them out 404-293-0822. I took a while to find what i was looking for low mileage (32K) motor with KB and some upgrades, but worth the wait :)

There is also a guy in Iowa i think Midway Mustangs that does the same thing, they both sell on ebay, but if you call them up they would prob work a deal with you or help find what your looking for.