• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Can't decide 03 cobra interior or 93 coupe interior

svt dave

I was going to try fabricating a cobra cluster into my fox dash. This way I can use the cobra harness and keep the original fitting dash. Let you know how it goes.

WhiteSox.35

The dash is the biggest problem in my opinion, just like you stated the pieces do not match up. The dash sticks out too far and affects the door handles as well. Since you already have the cluster, I would definitely stick with the FOX dash. The only thing I am changing on mine is the center console everything else is FOX. As someone else stated I want the sleeper look.....LOL

WhiteSox.35

That looks good, I really like the Mach 1 instrument cluster, wish I would have thought or known about that before I bought the Dakota cluster. Live and learn....

WhiteSox.35

Did you use the steering column from the FOX? If so what about the ignition switch for the key and bypassing the anti theft equipment. I have someone helping me with it but I still do not get it completely.

419forest

Did you use the steering column from the FOX? If so what about the ignition switch for the key and bypassing the anti theft equipment. I have someone helping me with it but I still do not get it completely.

yes, I used the fox steering column.

the anti-theft can be turned off by a tuner. I used a Terminator harnesses throughout my car. Therefore I had to re-wire the ignition wires from the Terminator harness to the ignition board under the column.

svt dave

Wonder if there is a way to fill the gaps in the corners between the fox bezel and the cobra style cluster. The bezel is rectangular and the cluster is oval? Maybe fill it with fiberglass and sand and paint it?

419forest

Wonder if there is a way to fill the gaps in the corners between the fox bezel and the cobra style cluster. The bezel is rectangular and the cluster is oval? Maybe fill it with fiberglass and sand and paint it?

Yes, fill with any form of plastic or fiberglass to match void.

takdashark

Donator
Does the SN cluster mounting hole match up with any of the fox mounting points? I'm getting a new edge cluster in the next week or so. I only have Saturday night and Sunday to get it done and out of my old mans shop.

Any more pics?

Thanks!

93_4V_FOX

Keep it fox, Foxes look a little silly with an SN dash and fox door panels. They just don't flow together at all. It's like fake boobs on Arnold Schwarzenegger.