• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Carb'ed SOHC swap.. advise needed.

venomous121

Hi guys. I have a 89 lx that I'v been working on for a few months now. I have a 5.0 ready to go in, however, an all aluminum 4.6 P.I. engine just fell into my lap today. Now, if I decide to use this engine, I want to make it carburated. I know there is at least one intake manifold out there to make this happen. But how bout the ignition? MSD make something??? How about everything else, I.E., trans, brake booster etc?? Any thing you guys can tell me would be great, thanks!. FYI, I'm a Tech at a Ford dealer and I'm very familiar with this engine and I have a ton of extra parts for it kicking around.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Brakes are easy. Look here for threads on the hydroboost. If you're going stick, the T45/3650 go in easy, with Stifflers making a cross member that lets them bolt right in. You'll need a mod motor kmember 96-04. MSD does make a complete ignition system for it. There are a couple of guys on here with some experience puttin' a dizzy in if you want a bit more old school look. There are a couple of manifolds out there depending on how wild you want to get. Welcome to the party.

Walt460

If you want some info on putting a carb system onto a mod motor, try contacting Marvin, DRDOHC@cox.net and check out his web site DRDOHC.com. He has some a lot of mod motor swaps with carb systems.

Memphis Modular

If you want an auto they make s modular bell housing for C4's you can put a manual valve body in a 4r70. Any modular used manual. Hydroboost brakes will bolt up. Just need to run the p/s. 1979-2004 not much changed in the engine bay and rear end as far as mounting holes etc