• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cobra 2004 swap into Fox ????

rusqtsi

I have searched the forums here and everywhere and cant find the answers so I figure I would ask the experts who have done this already.

I have a complete drivetrain from a 2004 cobra (engine and t56) I also have a mechanical t56 for the fox body (1386-000-12) essentially the same tranny but it is setup for a mechanical speedo.

I would like to use my stock dash (speedo and tach) with the cobra engine. If I use the non-cobra t56 the speedo will work but the tach wont? How do I get the tachometer to work? I dont want to use the cobra dash, I know it fits but is not the look I am going after. I prefer stock fox interior.

I know I can go with the florida50 dash and use the stock cobra t56 with those gauges but again, it is not fox body stock looking.

The intent is to keep the stock dash, both speedo and tach must work.. If it can not be done then so be it, I will have to go with aftermarket gauges. Just figure to ask first.

Thanks for any help.

Svt Fox

Staff member
I am doing the same thing. I'll let you know when I get to it.

What computer are you going to use?

Bignate76

I too would love to retain the foxbody stock interior with the 03/04 power train.
Thanks again for the great insight on this blog.