• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Complete Fuel System Setups

Hunter

I am wondering what kind of fuel systems you guys are running? I have a 1987 lx hatch that I am doing mod swap on details are 4.6 4v out of 97 cobra t45 full wiring harness and ecu out of same 97 cobra dash and seats out of a 96 gt. My car has no fuel lines just gas tank so I have to run all new. I am wanting to see some fuel setups you guys are running. Thank you

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
I am wondering what kind of fuel systems you guys are running? I have a 1987 lx hatch that I am doing mod swap on details are 4.6 4v out of 97 cobra t45 full wiring harness and ecu out of same 97 cobra dash and seats out of a 96 gt. My car has no fuel lines just gas tank so I have to run all new. I am wanting to see some fuel setups you guys are running. Thank you
you can use the stock one... We installed an aeromotive system in ours.

Hunter

My car has no lines and stock tank. I will be running a turbo and eventually will be running close to 800 hp . I figure while I'm doing it I might as well do it right. So I don't want to put stock back in.

drfrazzy

^^^^ I will like too. I just bought aeromotive a1000, aeromotive adjustable regulator and aeromotive sump tank. What else do I need beside the lines. I will be using 1998 cobra fuel rails.

Speedtospare

Stock Tank, 340 lph aeromotive in-tank pump, stock lines, stock line adapters to braided at the engine, aeromotive regulator, Aeromotive fuel rails. Car is setup for return style. Mach 1 motor with an eaton swap. Makes 460/440 on the mustang dyno. Single pump is good to 560 whp . Been a very reliable setup for me.

Speedtospare

Braided line were Russel I think, not sure on the adapters as they were left over parts from my last build. And sorry the fuel rails are not aeromotive. Not sure what they are. Again left over parts from my last build. I don't have an updated picture but this give you an idea.

12015_10151583926270470_435102160_n.jpg

drfrazzy

Nicely done. I like how it came out. I may go the same route. I already have spend the coins.. why cheapen it with the hoses. Where did you wind up putting your battery? in the trunk?

Speedtospare

Nicely done. I like how it came out. I may go the same route. I already have spend the coins.. why cheapen it with the hoses. Where did you wind up putting your battery? in the trunk?

We all live within budgets. My buddy works at a shop and makes me up those cheapie braided hoses and fittings. There actually better than most the stuff out there but are not anodized. Used mainly in industrial applications.

Battery is in the trunk yes. There was room in the front but I had some welders cable and a marine battery holder. I moved the PS tank to the fender and put the battery in the trunk

egbertnr

Looking at the aeromotive setup with the cobra tank and in tank a1000. The parts car I have has a tank but not sure it might just be better to go with a new tank than to have this one cleaned and refurbished.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk