• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

controlling the 4r70w with cobra engine?

kweb288

Hey all, just wondering how/what you use to control the trans if you use the cobra ecm with the swap instead of going over to a mach1 computer?
My buddy told me about a stand alone computer thingy ma bobber the controls the trans so you dont really have to have it hooked into the wiring system... but he was kinda vage about it, so any information//links would be greatly appreciated!

modularf

[quote author=kweb288 link=topic=339.msg687#msg687 date=1249599514]
Hey all, just wondering how/what you use to control the trans if you use the cobra ecm with the swap instead of going over to a mach1 computer?
My buddy told me about a stand alone computer thingy ma bobber the controls the trans so you dont really have to have it hooked into the wiring system... but he was kinda vage about it, so any information//links would be greatly appreciated!
[/quote]

Read this...
http://www.becontrols.com/products/electronicscat.htm