• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Coyote swap with a lt1 T56

agolden51

Hello everyone, Im new here and thought this would be the right forum website for me. Heres a little about what I have and what Im doing.
I have an 86' mustang LX that I am saving up parts for as I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. Im planning on installing the new Coyote 5.0 under the hood backed with a t56 out of a 97 trans am. I have done extensive research about this swap and the biggest helper was a blog posted at www.highflowfuel.com. They are doing the exact same thing I am doing, However they used a t56 unit out of the Mustang cobra, so that went along much smoother than using a GM unit. I have consulted with them about the matter but they could not help.
Ok for my first question, Does anyone know where I can find a used coyote motor? Trying to avoid spending the 6k for a new crate one. with my budget I can possibly afford a new one but I would have to sacrifice upgrading the suspension.
Now the real problem I am having. I have found out that the Coyote and the 4.6 share the same bellhousing bolt pattern. I have heard that the input shaft lenght is different for this particular transmission than the cobra ones. And also where could I get a clutch and fork for this sort of swap? Also how do I deal with the hydraulics? I dont know what all parts I will need. Has anyone done this sort of swap before?

agolden51

Yeah I have been talking back and forth with these guys for quite some time now. I got my entire fuel system setup from these guys. Unfortunately they used a t56 unit out of a cobra mustang, so their install was a breeze.