• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

dash????

notch32v

Do I have to use a 03/04 cobra dash like svtcapri is doing or can i just use the stock notch.... I kinda wanna leave it looking like a notchback inside.... Do I have to use the gauge cluster as well?

SVTCAPRI

[quote author=notch32v link=topic=585.msg1219#msg1219 date=1296233959]
Do I have to use a 03/04 cobra dash like svtcapri is doing or can i just use the stock notch.... I kinda wanna leave it looking like a notchback inside.... Do I have to use the gauge cluster as well?
[/quote]

No, you dont have to do a dash swap to make it work. Thats just a matter of choice. Its alot of work and a pyle of money too. If your set on keeping stock dash I would definately use a stand alone harness kit. Ive spent over 3 grand on Ford harnesses and a used but very nice dash. When it comes to your cluster just use the mechanical style cable for the tranny. You would also have to modify a few things on that stand alone harness. Much easier thatn what I'm doing. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

notch32v

Someone offered me 3 times what I bought my 85 for so i jumped on it.... that put me at 19000 dollars so i said eff this and bought a 03 cobra with a kenne bell lol

notch32v

imma stay on the site though I may save up again and get a notchback and put a 351 based 427 in it they arent that expesive from ford racing...... Plus I am dying to see how ur capri turns out that fucker is gonna be a mean bitch