• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Exhaust Questions

Auto-Mafia

Hello.

How is everyone doing their exhaust?

I am swapping everything from a 1996 GT into my 1979 Coupe. I am trying to figure out how to do the exhaust. I have a UPR 4.6 swap K member.

I did a search but got vague answers.

I would love to run long tubes for the power gain!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The exhaust from your donor car will work pretty well on your 79. You will need to relocate hangers. Stock manifolds or short tubes for the 96 will bolt right up. Long tubes are a bit more of a challenge, but possible.

whiteponygt

Bills right long tubes will fit but your going to have to do some cutting and welding.if your looking for a quick hook up use donor exhaust.

cpearson1342

I used a mid pipe like this to set up my exhaust. I have an 86 with 03 Mach engine and stock manifolds. It cleared ok, but hangs really low and I don't like it at all and it needed a bit of tweaking to fit also. I'd suggest doing long tubes from the start because that's what I want to do for the fit and power.

Attachments

• 20150329_120120.jpg
    20150329_120120.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 59

Auto-Mafia

Sounds like a plan.. I really am leaning towards some good longtubes and finding a way to make them work.

Kooks, ARH? Anyone have suggestions on what brand will fit with my 79 with UPR K member?

Also use crosmember from 94-98. The mounts unbolt from donor and width is correct for fox. Depending on trans mission used you can move crossmember were ever you need it. Also off the shelf mid pipes will clear. You will have to remove original mounts. Driver sidr is the one that causes the problem with exhaust. I have T56 so I only trimmed diverside mount. Also does away with big soft bushings.

Auto-Mafia

Awesome I have a 96 donor car. Ill steal the trans cross-member from it! I am using the T45 for now. i appreciate the help guys.

cpearson1342

You can't see in the picture I put before, but I have a stiffler's crossmember. They're very nice and adjustable for the different transmissions, if you ever decide to go with something else

Remember to grab crossmember to frame brackets because you will probably have to remove fox mounts. If you use any crossmember designed for a fox you will have to modify you driver's side of your exhaust if your trying to use off the shelf systems. Your hardest part of using sn piece is removing fox mounts. I used t56 witch placed crossmember behind fox mounts. I welded my mounts in you may want to bolt yours in so you could easily change mount location.