• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Foxbody 4.6 Dohc Swap

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
No oil filter issues with mine, stock 96 up K-member or you can use a tubular. I used 96 hydro boost. I actually need to change my oil pan I'm running the Mark VIII pan and there is no way to change the starter out with that oil pan and using a stock K-member. I modified the fox tranny cross member to work but I have a tremec 3650 mount that I am going to put in as soon as I can. Keep everything from the donor you can just in case you need it down the road. I didn't have a donor I had to piece my together.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Im very sad to say that today I had to let my car go, I hated to but I got some stuff going on that is more of a concern than the car was to me. Family and work is turning out to be more than a handful right now so I had to lessen the stress level on me or I am going break. Again I hated to do it but it was with the best intentions for me at this time. I will still try to help other on input if I can, im not gonna bail on all the ppl in this forum just because I don't have the car anymore. So if anyone needs some advice don't be afraid to ask im here to help ALL WAYS!!!!

gambling209

sorry to hear you got rid of the car. hope everything works out. looking at doing almost the same thing. minus the fox wiring and an aviator motor. i read you used a 96 k-member. are the 6 cylinder and v-8 k-member the same? did you use the lower control arms and the 96 spindles also? looking to do this on the ultra cheap.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Dude...having to give up your toy sucks, but you and your family are much more important that a car that can be replaced.

whiteponygt

I agree on the giving up your toys for family, im just sad that you practically gave the car away for the time and aggravation you had in it

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
49,000 + views WOW HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!! I just hope that all my don't do's have helped some people out lol. Im still mustangless at the moment been a LONG time since I have been on here. Busy, busy, busy, all the time. Im not sure I could squeeze another mod fox build into my schedule but who knows I may test the waters here in the near future. Plenty of new members on here, glad to see all the attention this site gets.

ifran81

Hello,

I'm new to the site and I'm doing a 99 cobra swap to a 93 cobra. I'm using everything on from the 99 donor including the cluster but keeping the fox interior. What I'm having problem with is the power window switches and the ignition switch. How did you wire the power windows? I bought a sct x4 tuner for the start up tune. So when I tried to start it with the key the cluster comes on but engine doesn't crank, when I used a jumper wire and started it. It started right up no problem. I would like to talk to you. You can text or call me at 650.714.5046. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Ifran

whiteponygt

Hello,

I'm new to the site and I'm doing a 99 cobra swap to a 93 cobra. I'm using everything on from the 99 donor including the cluster but keeping the fox interior. What I'm having problem with is the power window switches and the ignition switch. How did you wire the power windows? I bought a sct x4 tuner for the start up tune. So when I tried to start it with the key the cluster comes on but engine doesn't crank, when I used a jumper wire and started it. It started right up no problem. I would like to talk to you. You can text or call me at 650.714.5046. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Ifran
You will probably have a Lil better luck starting a thread in electrical. Also to help you out going to need a few more details,did you repin the Fox ignition plug. Do you have the cobra plug retro fitted to the Fox steering column.with the power Windows what problem are you having.which harness did you use in the doors?

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
Hello,

Thanks
Ifran
When I did my swap I just spliced the sn95 harness to my foxbody doors. It was easy. Since u got the donor everything is a easy swap just straight across. I needed to get the pats disabled on my car to get it fired up.

whiteponygt

Everything is plug and play but i had to make a harness from the center consoule to the driver side door and tied it in to make them functional.to use the donor harness that is

87_notchfox

Donator
Well the door harnesses that are on the donor car is wat I used to make my doors work. He can also if he gots the donor. I had to source those harnesses out. Just depends on how good I r with wiring.

87_notchfox

Donator
Wiring does suck a lot. But a bit of patients and a multimeter and it can be done. And having all the harnesses lol

Bill

Staff member
Donator
:) no doubt having good harnesses and all the harnesses really does help

dondo84svo

Well a buddy of mine had a car setup like this, so i kinda cheated and used his to make a replica, but its not that hard to do. The hardest part was cutting the hole in the valve cover, because my friend used the upper cam instead of the lower like i did so i was flying blind on it. Just alot of micrometer work and some machine work. I could get you the dimensions on the dizzy as far as lenght and stuff, but as far as drilling the hole in the valve cover i just measured the center of the cam bolt down to the top of the timming cover and got the width measured and drilled a small hole to start to make sure i was even on the same track, after that i just gradually got bigger bits until i was close enough to finish it by hand sanding. The hole in the cover is really the hardest thing, I had to sets of valve covers just incase i screwed one set up lol, if you decide to do it like this it saves alot of money, im using 5.0 harness and computer also.

5.0 harness as in a push rod 5.0 harness and ecu?

dondo84svo

Well i think im gonna have to run a cowl hood or do some major surgery to the underside. But if some one has one for sale reasonably priced hood i will pay the shipping, dont need to be perfect shape i can fix it, but here is the catch i want a 1.5 - 2.5 inch dont want a 3 or bigger. Here is why i need the hood lol. Oh yeah gonna have to fab the fender mount bit but this is a 03-04 cobra CAI kit, i thought it would fit but wasn't sure but i can make it work lol. Still waiting on my throttle cable to come in, got the throttle and cruise control cable and throttle cable bracket for 125 shipped. WOOHOO!!!!!!! coming along like a child growing up LOL

2012-12-31_12-38-05_727.jpg

2012-12-31_16-13-04_22.jpg

2012-12-31_16-13-23_913.jpg
that looks amazing dude