• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Foxbody, SN95 rear end Rim offset

roachedone

Donator
we are running a set of the S197 wheels on the car with sn95 control arms up front and sn95 rear as well.. think they ar 45mm offset.. id have to look at the back of one of the wheels.. pics are in our build thread. dont have any pics of them on the rear just on the front.
s197wheel.jpg

roachedone

Donator
yea they are 8". ill look at one of them today and see what it lists for the back space. I know it was stamped on the back.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
im running 17x9 in front and 17x10 out back, with 20mm offset in front and 25mm on back

Speedtospare

Figured it out. 17X9.5" rims with 7" backspacing fits perfect on my setup. Posting pics in my build thread.

Jonathan

SO how do we get wider? are there any simple mods that can be done? I'd like to atleast have 10.5s I too am running SN95 rear. I was thinking about having it narrowed but trying to figure out how far to go. The bigger the better but don't want to spend a ton of money on it now either!

Svt Fox

Staff member
The housings are identical the axle shafts are 3/4 inch longer but yes either way they are hanging out

10.5's with 315's will NOT hang out past the fender (assuming you meant they would hang out passed the flared portion of the rear quarter/wheel well) using a fox housing with ranger 5 lug axles. I plan on running 17x9 FR500's with 245's in the front and 17x10.5's with 315's out back.

Speedtospare

10.5's don't fit right in my opinion. You will only be able to fit a 315 Nitto's and not a Mickey Thompson or BFG. Nitto's fit smaller than the others. The outside tire wall will be even with the outside of the fender well. On a hard bump the will hit the inside of the fender. That will little flare if only an inch deep. I have coilover on my car sits low, thus they won't fit.

Can you fit a 315? yes. Can you fit a 315 without rubbing? Not without rubbing in corners and don't plan on having any passengers in the rear seat. In my experienced opinion you cannot fit a true 10" rim with 315 in a fox properly. You can fit a 295 (same as a nitto 315) on a 10" rim properly without rubbing. I have seen people running 10.5 and they all look like there trying to fit too much tire in an area that doesn't fit. I see it and think 80's chevrolet monte carlo's and mullet's.

10.5's with 315's will NOT hang out past the fender (assuming you meant they would hang out passed the flared portion of the rear quarter/wheel well) using a fox housing with ranger 5 lug axles. I plan on running 17x9 FR500's with 245's in the front and 17x10.5's with 315's out back.

Svt Fox

Staff member
I have seen people running 10.5 and they all look like there trying to fit too much tire in an area that doesn't fit. I see it and think 80's chevrolet monte carlo's and mullet's.

If I had more time and my laptop in front of me, I would show you plenty of examples to dispute you and your opinion. So you'll have to wait until then.

It's a good thing opinions are like assholes... Everyone's got one...

Have a great day!

Speedtospare

if you can fit the rim and tire inside the actual fender properly with at least 2.5" tail pipes (perferbly 3") and clear the inner fender well without beating the living hell out of it, and I can turn without rubbing the tires, then get me the offset and I will order a set now.

Post some pictures up, I would love to find a set.