• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fuel Line Question

Trakspeed

I'm Termi swapping my 85 and using the 03 tank and all of the wiring, my question is on plumbing up the fuel line. Can I just run a #6 (or#8) braided line from the tank all the way to the fuel rail? Am I missing something or is there an easier way?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm Termi swapping my 85 and using the 03 tank and all of the wiring, my question is on plumbing up the fuel line. Can I just run a #6 (or#8) braided line from the tank all the way to the fuel rail? Am I missing something or is there an easier way?
The easy way is to use the fuel lines from the 03. They will lay almost exactly in the right place on your 85, with just some very minor tweaks.

cpearson1342

I bought an earl's performance super stocker 3/8" id fuel hose from summit racing and zip tied it up to various places under my car where the stock lines run, you can also get the correct efi fitting for it to go to the fuel rail. Got a 3/8 fuel filter that fits in the stock 03/04 bracket that I mounted in the stock location, and made the other lines to the tank 3/8 to have a complete 3/8 system. Make sure you do a pprv delete in the tank though, a lot of people say they cause many problems. With my setup with the wiring upgrade to the pump, I have just over 80% duty cycle at my max rpm. I plan to bend some larger id metal lines for a more permanent setup when I eventually go return style.

Trakspeed

Thanks for your reply cpearson1342, two questions, what is a PPRV delete and is the 3/8" line a #8 AN equivalent hose?

cpearson1342

3/8" line would be equivalent to 6an, 8 is 1/2". But remember if you choose to go with braided line, it still needs to be replaced just like rubber hose, I think it's supposed to be replaced every so often, even though I guess you don't have to unless you have problems. I'll add a link to what the pprv does and how to delete it, but it's basically just a restriction right after the pumps to prevent fuel from draining, and replace the stock line with rubber hose. Just be sure to get the correct submersible fuel hose, I believe it's 30R10, but it is a little expensive.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/234591-pprv-delete-what-why.html

Trakspeed

Excellent link, thank you.
I think for now I will leave it as is and if I have a hesitation or need to go inside the tank I will delete it then. Again Thanks...