• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fuel System

Vnmous1

What fuel systems are you using with your mod conversion? From fuel tank, pumps, lines...etc...need a setup to go with lol... preferably return style just because I have to change everything...so might as well...Thanks

Bill

Staff member
Donator
If you are using the complete mod motor with efi, harness and electronic controls, the tank and lines from the donor car will work great. You'll need to shorten the fill neck to fit the fox body, or do a bit of body work to install the fill box from the donor car. Going this route lets you choose factory style fuel system upgrades for the year of the donor car. I'm a Ford Racing guy when it comes to fuel pumps, mostly because of the dependability and factory quality installation. There are lots of other options depending on how much power you plan to make.

Vnmous1

In my situation its a half way donor car lol because I'm building the cobra (built motor twin turbo) so I'm not stripping it...I rather go return style and be done with it...less wiring of fuel stuff as the 03 cobra requires so much money in dealing with fpdm's and so on...a big question since I'm new to foxbodies in general is can I use the fuel hat off of lets say the 03-04 cobra?

Speedtospare

Stock fox tank, Aeromotive 320 LPH intank, stock fox return lines to engine bay, adapter to convert to braided lines, #8 feed, #6 return braided lines, Aeromotive regulator, CP fuel rails. 39 lb/hr EV6 injectors. Good to about 500 to the wheels. Upgrade to braided line all the way back and it will support about 620 to the wheels. After that more fuel pump is needed.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
If you use the fuel hat off the Terminator, you will need to use the New Edge tank as well. I have seen Fox tanks modified, but even they said the newer tank would have been better. There are several how-to articles on what to do the filler neck to get it to work. Or, you could do a little body work and retrofit a New Edge fuel door in the proper location for the neck. Fuel lines off of a New Edge will mount easily to a Fox as well, and salvage yards sell them cheap usually.