• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Headlight Wiring

Gearbox94

Hey guy, so i'm having some trouble with the interior lights on my fox. I'm doing a 03 cobra swap with the entire wiring harness from a 03 car. I found a few threads with instructions on how to rewire the fox headlight and dimmer switch to work with the 03 harness. The park lights and headlights all work fine but i cannot get instrument cluster to light up.. so far I've replaced the dimmer switch and the headlight switch to no avail. I can jump the park light wire to the interior lights and i get the cluster to light up but i cant seem to figure out why it wont work the way it should. Aside from the other threads I've seen on the headlight and dimmer switch rewire, does anyone have pictures or a diagram of how they wired up their switch? Another weird thing is when i turn the headlights on the high beam indicator on the cluster lights up regardless if the high beams are actually on or off. should probably add that i'm using the 03 cluster and 03 multi function switch.

Gearbox94

Well I got the dimmer figured out. Played around with the wiring and got it to work. Still having the high beam indicator issue..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Bill

Staff member
Donator
When you get it figured out, a good write-up would be useful. I had someone do mine the last time, as wiring is not my thing. I'm sure there are a lot of folks that could use a good quality thread on the subject.