• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

HELP! 97 Mark VIII Fox Swap BLX3 EEC-V

RedVert88

I need help with an immobilizer code I am getting. U1451 is the code. I have everything wired up for my DOHC 4.6 Fox swap. The computer flashes fine, using an SCT X3 handheld. The engine starts right up no problem, but then immediately dies. I talked to the guy that sent me the tune and he assured me that the PATS was turned off. He is a reputable guy in this area. He told me the "U" codes were body codes not engine codes. What I assume is happening is the computer is looking for all the extra crap that came in the Mark VIII like SCIL module or the message center stuff that uses the OBDII bus wiring. I have been told that can be flashed out but my guy didn't know anything about it. Please help! Can I spoof out what it is looking for? or tune it out? Has anyone had this issue? Thanks!

Memphis Modular

Thats exactly what PATS does when theres a problem. Just because he thought he turned it off, people make mistakes, just have him look it over one more time to be sure

RedVert88

I think it has to be the PATS, even though he was insistent that he turned it off. I am going to try someone else who is more familiar with Mark VIII's and probably sell the SCT Tuner. After talking to the new guy, he was saying Mark VIII's have a few more things to turn off when it comes to PATS. More than a Mustang would.

Hopefully, this will do the trick.