• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

help with 4.6 2v on foxbody...

andres aza

hello friends, im from venezuela and my english is not very good but i will try my best...

i have a 87 mustang gt in good condition, i recently purchase a 4.6 2v pi with all wiring and ecu to do a full swap, i need to know whats parts i need to do a CHEAP SWAP, i just want to do a fully functioning swap and in the future put some bolt ons and maybe cams. im a well skilled technician with all kind of tools to use.

BASICALLY i need to know what i need to put a 4.6 2v with a t45 tranny on a fox body:

-what about the k-member ? can i use the stock k member or i need to find a SN-95 k-member?

- i will use the stock modular returnless fuel system, there is room to swap the entire fuel tank from a 01gt or i need to modify the stock tank?

-there is a direct bolt on driveshaft to fit with my t45 tranny and 8.8 rear end in my fox? or i need to modify the stock driveshaft? will a t5 bellhousing pattern fit in the 4.6 2v?

- tell me about the steering rack, what rack i need to use? remember would be better to me if i can use oem steering racks due to the lack of aftermarket parts here in my country

-i had learned about the brake modifications when put a modular swap... is it really necessary to put a manual brake kit or there is room with the 4.6 2v to maintain the stock brake system??

other ideas will be apreciate aswell... thank you very much !

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Bien venido, Welcome to the party. Most of the information you are looking for can be found here on the site.

i have a 87 mustang gt in good condition, i recently purchase a 4.6 2v pi with all wiring and ecu to do a full swap, i need to know whats parts i need to do a CHEAP SWAP, i just want to do a fully functioning swap and in the future put some bolt ons and maybe cams. im a well skilled technician with all kind of tools to use.
BASICALLY i need to know what i need to put a 4.6 2v with a t45 tranny on a fox body:
-what about the k-member ? can i use the stock k member or i need to find a SN-95 k-member?

You will need an SN-95 Kmember

- i will use the stock modular returnless fuel system, there is room to swap the entire fuel tank from a 01gt or i need to modify the stock tank?

If you have the 01 GT, you can use the entire fuel system and tank (with some minor modifications)

-there is a direct bolt on driveshaft to fit with my t45 tranny and 8.8 rear end in my fox? or i need to modify the stock driveshaft? will a t5 bellhousing pattern fit in the 4.6 2v?

The 01 GT drive shaft will bolt right in.

- tell me about the steering rack, what rack i need to use? remember would be better to me if i can use oem steering racks due to the lack of aftermarket parts here in my country

If you are using the fox suspension and fox interior, use the fox rack.

-i had learned about the brake modifications when put a modular swap... is it really necessary to put a manual brake kit or there is room with the 4.6 2v to maintain the stock brake system??

You can not use the stock fox break booster and master cylinder. You can used the hydroboost from the 01 GT with some minor modifications to the pedal assembly. Manual brakes are not necessary unless you just don't like power brakes.

Post some pictures when you get a chance.