• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

help with swap DOHC 4.6

heath

I have a 91 notch that is basically stripped. I am wanting to install a DOHC 4.6 out of a 93 lincoln mark 8 that I got a good deal on. My main concern is wiring of the fuel injection. I have motor and computer but no wiring harness. It had an automatic which is bad and I am converting to a 3spd auto.

Erich

You could possibly use the wiring harness and computer out of a 96-97 Mustang GT or cobra.
The GT harness computer will run a mark motor for sure (I did a mark VIII swap in to my 97 GT)
Erich

FuturaGuy

Staff member
You said your '91 notch is stripped - by that do you mean the wiring is stripped from the engine bay? Erich suggested using a '96-'97 Cobra computer and wiring. That's what I did and I had to make a separate wiring harness to connect the '88 dash (your '91 is the same) to the Modular wiring under the hood.

ehenley

[quote author=Erich link=topic=428.msg1010#msg1010 date=1287680286]
You could possibly use the wiring harness and computer out of a 96-97 Mustang GT or cobra.
The GT harness computer will run a mark motor for sure (I did a mark VIII swap in to my 97 GT)
Erich
[/quote]Does it have to be a DOHC harness to work on the Mark VIII engine? Is the factory Mark VIII harness good to use?

8t9notch

Im gonna use the Mark VIII harness, just because it will keep cost down a little bit. Also i had to gut the mark viii to get the motor so i took my time and removed the harness very carefully. Im gonna have a guy wire mine here in Great Bend, Ks for 600 .A Lot better price than any kit offered

modularf

[quote author=8t9notch link=topic=428.msg1280#msg1280 date=1299343942]
Im gonna use the Mark VIII harness, just because it will keep cost down a little bit. Also i had to gut the mark viii to get the motor so i took my time and removed the harness very carefully. Im gonna have a guy wire mine here in Great Bend, Ks for 600 .A Lot better price than any kit offered
[/quote]

http://rjminjectiontech.com/?p=659 has a sell going on.

Erich

[quote author=ehenley link=topic=428.msg1278#msg1278 date=1299158441]
[quote author=Erich link=topic=428.msg1010#msg1010 date=1287680286]
Erich
[/quote]Does it have to be a DOHC harness to work on the Mark VIII engine? Is the factory Mark VIII harness good to use?
[/quote]
GT harness works fine hook up wise. You can delete the imrcs. To put the mark motor in a 97, I had to lengthen a couple of wire but that was it.
Erich