• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hi everyone

Would like too say too everyone here. I'm fairly new too the modular motor seen and have been reading a lot on this site. I am in the prosess of swapping in a 4V 98 mark VIII motor in my 98 mustang gt roller I bought so i'm learning a lot about theses motors. After I get this done I want too find either another mark VIII 4V or a NON-PI 2V 4.6 and add a set of PI heads for the higher compression and mower and drop it in my 90 mustang LX coupe (5.0/AOD car).

Thank you. Actually I just called my local junkyard and a just bought a 97 mustang gt motor and trans lol. And a buddy of mine has a set of PI heads and intake off his 01 gt, looks like I'm going too be busy lol

That's what I read awhile back. The 97 motors only got 61,000 miles on it and has great compression. I want too do the COP conversion on it too. My coupe already has a set of 4.10 gears in it and lite weight. Sould make for a fun ride lol

hipoman

Unwill have to do research on the block & heads to c if they are windsor or romeo. Front covers have a small difference. I lucked out on my build doing the same thing. My heads & block were windsor. Same cover.

What's the difference between the 2 blocks, sorry, I'm still learning a lot about the mod motors. I've been a pushrod motor guy for years lol

hipoman

Me too.
Search "awesome 4.6 write up must read". Its got some great info. Let me know if u cant find it.