• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hydroboost Brakes

84ttopcoupe

My Fox has a Flaming River manual rack and a manual master cylinder, which sucks. I want to install a hydroboost unit. Is it possoble to install the hydroboost unit and retain the manual rack? Or do I have to install a power rack and pinion. If I have to do so, can I use a Fox R&P with hydroboost?
Thanks!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
It is possible to install the hydroboost without the power rack. The pump just powers the breaks. Be sure to run the power steering cooler, as the pump needs it. You can use the fox rack. If you used the SN95 width control arms, you will need to change the tie rods to match the track width of your current setup.

modulistic

can you use the sn95 control arms? are they different than new wedge? what are the rim/tire ramifications of doing so?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
There are a number of write-ups on here addressing that exact thing. The new edge and sn95 have different geometry, but are the same track width on a given k-member.

rq323

I ran in to the same deal I had to do manual brakes in order to run a flaming river manual rack

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

bruce L

if i didnt get a cooler when i got my hydro boost set up from a 04 mach 1 i should add one if i am running power steering too ? this is in an 86

myers407

Staff member
If you don't run a cooler you will burn up the pump. Fluid under pressure develops heat and a lot of it. The fluid will burn up and take everything in the system with it. But don't worry. You can go to a local parts house and get a small transmission cooler and it will work great.