• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hydroboost swap / steering column question.

VNMSGT

I have to install the hydroboost system in my fox for my 32V conversion. I have seen pics of you guys drilling out the plate from the sn95 and installing it on the fox which also swaps over the bearing for the steering column. Question I have is if I am going to keep the fox steering column, do I have to do this or do I just have to drill out the holes on my fox to mount the hydroboost and be done with it?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Three of the holes where the hydroboost install will pretty much line up. You will have to elongate one and drill the fourth. Doing it that way will allow the column bearing to be in the right place the first time.

VNMSGT

Thanks for the help. I was hoping thats all it was. On another forum nobody mentioned about swapping the plate thats why I was curious. This place is perfect for all the info I need I am finding out!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I can't take credit for the plate idea. I did my first one the hard way. I'm always looking for an easier way to do things.

egbertnr

Had a buddy give me a hydro boost setup up off his sn95 cobra. Anxious to get it to the car.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Speedtospare

Just make sure its the 96-98 cobra hydroboost. The 99-04 setups have a different end on the push-rod and will require cutting off the fox one and welding it on the hydroboost. I had to weld mine. I prefer not to have any welds in my brake setup lol.