• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Just hangin' out

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The board has been quiet this week. I suspect, like my own project, life has more important things this time of year than turning wrenches in the mancave.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The board's really quite again. I sent the 99 Cobra back to storage this week. I had hoped to get it stripped this month, but life got in the way again. I still have a huge pile of suspension parts to put on the 98, which is my daily driver. I'll be pleased if I can get that done this year. The dissertation is what is getting in the way. It seems to take twice or three times as long to do everything as I expect. Oh well. It is the most important project...at the moment.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The new job is going well. I moved to DC this month for that promotion. The dissertation is going slowly. This place adds a measure of stress relief.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Happy Friday all. I hope you all have a productive (or drunk) weekend :)

cpearson1342

20160612_222616.jpg
Snapchat-7926483797563471998.jpg
00q0q_6QmAFMLhf2c_600x450.jpg

Coilovers installed, 31 spline axles and diff almost complete, and eaton swap about mid way through being done. My power has been out for a good amount of time today so couldn't quite get it done, but I thought I'd try on the eaton to see how it looked.

Also bought this 82' Mustang L Notchback today, possibly the next project car

cpearson1342

20160618_012931.jpg
20160618_012947.jpg
20160618_012941.jpg

In the reassembly phase finally, everything going on there now is going on for good. Just waiting for my valve cover gaskets to finish up the top, and some idlers to finish up the front :)

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Happy Independence Day (weekend) everyone. For you history buffs, yesterday was the 100th anniversary of the start of the Battle of Somme, where the British had almost 20,000 deaths and 50,000 casualties on the first day. The French and Russians left them with their ass hanging out. My youngest daughter gave birth yesterday to my fourth grandchild, a little boy. All are healthy. My wife's SUV started spitting massive amounts of steam out the tailpipe and drinking coolant (that sucks). We should have replaced it a year ago, but she doesn't want a car payment. Oh well. All in all, it has been a decent start to a nice three day weekend.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The board has be fairly quiet the last few days. I'm in Harpers Ferry, WV this week and next for Second Level Command Preparation School. SLCP is Customs and Border Protection's version of Command and General Staff College. I am almost done, and ready to be. I have started looking at some interesting stuff. One of my old customers asked me to look into putting an ecoboost into his Fox coupe. He had older big block in it with home made motor mounts. I've been looking at the parts list and what it would cost to do it on the cheap. He wants to upgrade his front end at the same time, so I'm looking at the AJE k-member and a engine/transmission/electronics kit on ebay. It looks to me like ecoboost 2.3 turbo/6speed manual Mustang power plant swap and the suspension upgrade for around $6300. I haven't heard back from my guy at Steeda on spring rates, so I may have to do a bit more research on the weight of that setup. I would not be doing the swap, as I don't even have time to work on my own toy at the moment, but it looks like a really easy swap. Here is a to the ebay add I used as a baseline for the cost estimate
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252604185859?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

cpearson1342

20170117_203219.jpg
20170117_160948.jpg
That's a coincidence because my truck's engine seized just the other week, it had a (unknown to me) previously rebuilt 351W, and was quite worn which lead to its demise. It wouldn't have seized if I had stopped when it started knocking, but didn't want to be stuck where I was. But I was looking into putting anew f150 ecoboost into my truck, I saw someone selling one for $3500 with the engine and trans with 1700 miles on it. I would really like to do the swap, but really don't have the time or the money since it's my DD in the cold weather, so now I'll be putting a thunderbird 429 in that I got earlier this year. I would expect to spend about $500-$1000 after the cost of the engine to do the swap, depending on skill level and parts available to whoever is doing the swap. Plus the cost of the front end upgrades, but I would say one of the major parts of the budget would probably be the tuner, assuming PATS would be getting disabled, plus the proper fuel requirements for a turbo engine.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Agreed. The one I linked to comes with fuel tank and everything. That 429 is very heavy. I've done that swap into a Fox and found it to be a pain to manipulate because of the weight.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Happy Mother's Day everyone. The board has been quiet for several days, so I assume you're all taking care of your wives and mothers. :)