• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Long overdo

Bobby Amato

I finally got myself a 2 stage air compressor. I sold my mark VIII motor with cobra heads and a bunch of extra parts for $500 and then found this on craigslist for $500.

This compressor is $880 with tax from harbor freight. I bought it from a girl whose Father passed away recently. It looks brand new. It came with a 50ft hose, manual hose reel, and an air ratchet.

I'm going to put it outside on a slab and build a box around it to keep the noise down. Another project on my plate.

compressor_zps29057828.jpg

stangracer90

Good deal and smart move putting it outside I'm getting ready to do the same to mine it drives me crazy when I paint something you can't hear yourself think in there!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Mine doesn't have as much volume as I think it should, and it takes a bit long to fill the tank. It also makes so serious moisture. I had to put in a couple of traps. It runs my 1/2" gun just fine, but my media blast cabinet could use a bit more volume from the pump. I bought mine new, but didn't use it for almost a year after I bought it. By the time I had it installed, the warranty was gone. It could be a valve problem. I may replace the pump at some point, but will probably try a pulley change first.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Probably not, and that would explain it if it isn't. I haven't gone out to dig it out of storage to look, but that would likely be yes. Sure sounds like it.