• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Manual Windows in Fox to SN95 Door Panels

vettn71

The 84 Coupe roller I bought has manual Windows. Didn't notice it at the time, but would not have made a difference in my buying decision. My question is that, as far as I know, there weren't any sn95s with manual windows, right? Is that possible with the sn95 door panels? I could keep the Fox door panels, but will be doing a sn95 dash swap, so I'm not sure how that would look. What do y'all think?

Jim

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Really good question. There are lots of options. It is possible to do manual windows with the sn door panels. It does require a bit of work, and they stick out a bit more than I like. It is also possible to convert the 84 to power windows. Fox door panels don't look bad. The problem is the latch release. There are a ton of door panel pics out there.

vettn71

For me the problem is the interface between the dash and the door panels. The end of the dash is fairly wide compared to the door panels. My son (who is a real Mustang fanatic) insists the only way for it to look right is by using the sn95 door panels. I can't visualize what the two would look like together and haven't been able to Google photos

Regards
Jim

vettn71

Is it possible to put my sn95 window mechs into the Fox doors? Not sure if the window tracks and lift mech would fit, since the Fox doors look flatter.

Thanks for the help

Jim

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I've never tried that one. I simply replaced the doors with salvage yard units that had all the power stuff.

vettn71

Quite frankly, I have overspent already, so if I can save a bit by finagling parts around, I will. I'll have to look at this again later. Thanks
Jim

vettn71

Bill, as I posted in another string I think for the time being I'm going to stay with the manual Windows. That means keeping the Fox door panels, even though they are rough. My youngest son, however, want to put a sn95 dash and door panels in his 93 hatch. That may give me the opportunity to experiment on his car

Jim

Bill

Staff member
Donator
It is always nice when you have something to practice on. My first dash ended up in the dumpster.