• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Marauder Doner

Spdjunky

Can anyone forsee a problem using a computer and harness from a 2003 Maruader?

Or will the Marauder eec work with sn95 harness?

Wreckedj30

The merc is pretty much a mach1 or 99/01 cobra motor, so no problem using a modified sn95 harness, what I'd do I get everything from the merc, engine trans and complete harness/keys and ecu and strip out what wiring you don't need. That way you should be able to have an easy start up using the stock tune, and you have the safety features of knock sensors and original nonmolested cop/injector harness.

Wreckedj30

Well if the cars still there just go grab the dash harness and all the mini computer stuff, either labeled pats or gem modules, and instrument cluster. Or your going to have to grab a tuner and wire in your dash. What's your computer number? Is it the same general size as the stock fox mustang computer, or longer and thicker?

Spdjunky

It's been years since I've looked at a fox computer, but it's close in general size.

I've had two theories.
1) Try and use two computers and 'stand alone' systems. With the new computer just controlling engine functions essentially.
2) Figiure out what each wire is on both computers and mounting the new computer in the existing fox location and moving the wires around so they plug into the new cpu with the same functions. Hopefully and essentially, just making a new harness for the motor itself.

Either way, I may have to 'butcher' a harness up since later I want to replace the inner fender panels and hide all the wiring etc.

Any thoughts?

Again, I appreciate and and all input.

Wreckedj30

It's up to you on what's done to your car, but just in my opinion using the stock 5l harness is a waist, to much modifing on an already 20+ year electrical system. If you got the computer and engine harness the cheapest way is to get a sct flash tuner($250-400) to shut if pats and any unneeded sensors/switches.

Going standalone is an option is you have big money, 500-1300 on the system, plus time in wiring and again money for tuning and dyno time. Unless you have 1500+ laying around to invest in the electrical and tuning, money that's well needed in suspension and brakes. Choice is yours just my 2cents.

Speedtospare

Not using the Marauder harness? The marauder harness will fit in the stock location with a little modification. I have me mach computer there. Remove the fox engine harness, throw it in the garbage then modify the marauder one or buy one of the pre-made ones. Standalone would be a large waste of money on a stock setup. The connector for the old and new ECU's are different if i'm not mistaken.