• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mod Fox in motion update

fstfrd

Donator
Well fellas I've been hard at work over the last two weeks, here is my progress...
eqy2e8at.jpg
5a3adegu.jpg
2yhybygu.jpg
yta5yvu2.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

fstfrd

Donator
Thank you. .. The car is at the tuner getting a pats issue resolved. .. I should have it back in a few days and I'll get some updated pics up

fstfrd

Donator
Yeah, the pats, even though turned off via tune/chip, just would not go away. Swapped ECU's and still did the same thing. Flashing theft light, crank & no start. So it's being sorted out, I should have the car back by the end of the week. Once I find out what he did to resolve the issue I'll post it up....

fstfrd

Donator
She's running great. ..! I still need to go get it smogged & registered so I can put some miles on the new clutch. But other than that I'm gonna start this weekend on figuring out the front sway bar issue & how to mount the Fox one up. Another issue, is that I assumed that running anything bigger than a 255 up front would be a rubbing issue, and it's not, but I don't like how the front tires look stretched and the rim is protruding. ... Minor issue though ! I'm just glad the car is done just in time for summer cruising.
5y8e6ybe.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1400217282603.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fstfrd

Donator
The curvature of the Fox sway bar & sn95 brackets will not work. I mocked it up and I just don't see it happening. I keep seeing post of people saying to do that, but no pics or specific info on how is done ? Any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone has done the Fox bar with sn95 mounts mod....

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Here are some pieces that might make life easier for some, depending on their setup. The Steeda brackets are a bit pricey, but they are sweet to use.
http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-billet-mustang-front-swaybar-brackets-555-8109/

If you plan on autocross or open track, you might want to take the time to reinforce that Fox bracket.
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Swaybar-Bracket-Reinforcements-C82.aspx

If you need to move the sway bar forward, MM makes a kit for both the SN95 and Fox.
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Front-Swaybar-Relocation-Kit-1979-93-P441.aspx

I'm not familiar enough with AJE products to tell you what they have that will do these things, but since they are a site sponsor, you consider giving them a call.

fstfrd

Donator
Thank you Bill, and Svt Fox for the solution suggestions. Those are some great options....
Svt Fox did you relocate the sway bar mount bracket forward from its stock location ? It looks like it's further forward on the frame. I cut my stock sway bar mounts off before I installed the mod motor, so I guess looking at your pics, I need to get a new pair of mounts from 50 resto.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Thank you Bill, and Svt Fox for the solution suggestions. Those are some great options....
Svt Fox did you relocate the sway bar mount bracket forward from its stock location ? It looks like it's further forward on the frame. I cut my stock sway bar mounts off before I installed the mod motor, so I guess looking at your pics, I need to get a new pair of mounts from 50 resto.

Nope, bolted right up, stock location.