• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mod Fox Suspension

Gearbox94

Hey everyone so i have a question that i'm hoping some of you might know the answer to or have been through already, I'm getting ready to drop a 03 cobra motor in my 91 fox and i'm trying to figure out what i want to do as far as coil springs. The car i'm starting with is a 4cyl so the 7.5 rear will be getting pulled in favor of a 03 IRS.. with that being said i was planning on just using the stock 03 cobra rear springs that came with the IRS. As for the front i was considering picking up a pair of used 03 cobra springs and using those. I wanted to get some opinions from everyone on what they thought about just using front and rear springs from a cobra. If not what would you recommend? I don't want the car to sit super high but at the same time not bottomed out. I'm not interested in going with coil-overs at the moment just to try and save on the cost of the swap. So let me know what you think!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the site. The 03 springs will give you a reasonably stock ride height. If you look at any stock SN95, it will look about like that. Depending on where you live and what you plan to do with the car, that might work out well for you.

cpearson1342

Stock springs are fine, but if you have the money go with some good quality coilovers. You can always change the stock springs out later, so it's not like you will be losing anything, just be precise in your cutting.

Gearbox94

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll just use the stock springs from a cobra and see where it puts me as far as height and cut from there.