• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mod swap in fox body

I've got a 1990 mustang LX coupe with a 5.0/AOD. I'm swapping a 1997 mustang gt 2v into it with a 4r70w auto. I'm swapping a set of 01 PI heads and intake on it also. I have a complete 98 mustang gt stock k member, control arms, spindles, and rack & pinion setup. Will there be any problem using all this in my 90 mustang?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I don't see why there would be any problems. It all sounds like a good foundation.

Speedtospare

98 GT a-arms may be too wide (they the same with as SN95? Cant remember). A better choice is SN95 or fox length control arms. K-member will work. I use a mach 1 steering rack and just cut off the extra threads I didnt need.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The SN95 chassis configuration ran from 1994-2004. The track width is wider than the 79-93 Fox Mustangs. There are some geometry differences between years, so not all SN95 control arms are created equal.