• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Modified Motor Mounts

cpearson1342

I posted on someone else's thread about modifying the motor mounts, but thought I'd make a thread about it. I bought the upr mod swap k-member and the engine was still too close to the firewall so I decided to modify the stock motor mounts instead of hacking up the new k-member. Basically I plugged the hole after taking the stud out, smoothed it out, and drilled a new hole in the center which was 5/8" further back than stock, causing the engine to move forward. I then welded a bolt onto it, and had to grind the other side down a little to fit with the rubber. You will have to cut the rivets off and replace them with bolts that you will also most likely have to grind the heads on a little. If I did it again the only thing I would change would be filling it with a urethane adhesive such as window weld by 3m, as many people do to fix their old motor mounts to make them stronger.20151213_112748.jpg 20151213_112734.jpg 20151125_150903.jpg 20151123_192735.jpg

cpearson1342

If anyone is interested in buying already modified motor mounts, or having their's modified to offset the engine, check out my ad in the classified section.